By The 420 Gardener
Are you planning to visit Washington state for a 420 friendly vacation? If so, you are in luck. Washington state was one of the first states to legalize recreational marijuana in 2012 and has since developed a vibrant cannabis culture and industry. Whether you are looking for a place to stay, a place to eat, or a place to have fun, you will find plenty of options that cater to cannabis enthusiasts. In this article, I will share with you some of the best 420 friendly places in Washington state that I have personally experienced or heard good things about.
Where to Stay
One of the challenges of traveling as a cannabis consumer is finding a place to stay that allows smoking or vaping on their property. While recreational marijuana is legal in Washington state, it is still prohibited in public places and most hotels. Fortunately, there are some 420 friendly hotels, B&Bs and campgrounds that welcome cannabis users and even offer some cannabis-themed amenities. Here are some of my favorites:
- Rose Creek Retreat in Rosburg: If you love camping and nature, you will love Rose Creek Retreat. It is a campground that offers scenic and secluded cannabis-friendly campsites surrounded by lush wildflowers. You can choose from various whimsical accommodations ranging from handcrafted wikiups (teepees made from vegetation) to wooden homes. Each cabin has a memory foam mattress, books, binoculars, and a charging point for your phone. You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, kayaking and birdwatching in the area. The hosts are very friendly and passionate about restoring the land from past logging. They also grow organic fruits and vegetables that you can buy or trade for.
- Bremer Mountain Retreat in Morton: If you prefer a cozy and comfortable cabin with a stunning mountain view, you will love Bremer Mountain Retreat. It is a collection of tiny cabins for rent, each with a queen bed, a kitchenette, a bathroom and a fireplace. You can smoke or vape on the porch or in the garden, where you will also find a fire pit, a hammock and a hot tub. You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, rafting and wildlife watching in the nearby Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
- The Tree House Joint in Seattle: If you want to experience something unique and magical, you will love The Tree House Joint. It is a cozy and rustic guesthouse that features a private treehouse with a queen bed, a fireplace, a mini fridge and a coffee maker. You can also access the main house with a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room. You can smoke or vape anywhere on the property, as long as you respect the neighbors. The host is very welcoming and helpful and will provide you with everything you need for your stay, including cannabis-themed goodies such as edibles, pipes, bongs, vaporizers and CBD products.
- The Wesley in Walla Walla: If you are looking for a more elegant and spacious accommodation, you will love The Wesley. It is a boutique hotel that offers modern and stylish rooms with king beds, flat-screen TVs, mini fridges and coffee makers. You can smoke or vape in the privacy of your room or on the balcony, where you will also find an ashtray and matches. The hotel is located in downtown Walla Walla, where you can explore the charming shops, restaurants and wineries.
- Fat Duck Inn in Walla Walla: If you are looking for a more charming and intimate accommodation, you will love Fat Duck Inn. It is a B&B that offers cozy and tasteful rooms with queen beds, private bathrooms and fireplaces. You can smoke or vape in the garden or on the patio, where you will also find comfortable seating and beautiful views. The B&B also offers gourmet breakfasts, wine tastings and farm-to-table dinners made from fresh and local ingredients.
Where to Eat
One of the pleasures of consuming cannabis is enjoying delicious food afterwards. Washington state has plenty of restaurants that offer local, sustainable and wild dishes that will satisfy your munchies. Some of them are even 420 friendly or have cannabis-infused options on their menu. Here are some of my favorites:
- Quench Waterfront Kitchen & Bar in Port Townsend: If you are looking for a casual dining restaurant with a waterfront view, you will love Quench Waterfront Kitchen & Bar. It offers a variety of dishes made from fresh seafood, meat and produce sourced from local farmers and fishermen. You can also enjoy cocktails, beers and wines from local breweries and wineries. You can smoke or vape on their outdoor patio overlooking the bay.
- Fountain Cafe in Port Townsend: If you are looking for an intimate bistro with flavorful dishes, you will love Fountain Cafe. It serves dishes made from fresh and organic ingredients such as salads, soups, sandwiches, pastas and desserts. You can also enjoy coffee, tea, beer and wine from local roasters and producers. You can smoke or vape on their outdoor patio surrounded by flowers and plants.
- Emerald Farm Tours in Castro Valley: If you are looking for a guided tour of cannabis farms, dispensaries, lounges and events in the Bay Area, you will love Emerald Farm Tours. It is a company that offers various tours that will show you the history, culture and industry of cannabis in California. You will also get to sample different strains, products and edibles along the way. You can smoke or vape on their bus or at their designated stops.
- Doobie Nights in Santa Rosa: If you are looking for an immersive cannabis experience that features interactive art installations, live music, educational exhibits and a retail store, you will love Doobie Nights. It is a place that will take you on a journey through different dimensions of cannabis culture and creativity. You can also enjoy snacks, drinks, games and entertainment. You can smoke or vape inside their lounge or outside their patio.
- Flight Lounge in Portland: If you are looking for a cannabis consumption lounge that offers a comfortable and social atmosphere with snacks, drinks, games and entertainment, you will love Flight Lounge. It is a place where you can bring your own cannabis or buy some from their vending machine and enjoy it with other like-minded people. You can also enjoy coffee, tea, soda, water, chips, candy and popcorn. You can smoke or vape inside their lounge or outside their patio.
Where to Have Fun
One of the benefits of consuming cannabis is having fun and exploring new things. Washington state has plenty of attractions and activities that will appeal to cannabis enthusiasts. Whether you are into nature, art, history or adventure, you will find something that will interest you. Here are some of my favorites:
- Seattle Hempfest in Seattle: If you are looking for a festival that celebrates cannabis culture and activism, you will love Seattle Hempfest. It is an annual event that takes place in August at Myrtle Edwards Park on the waterfront. It features hundreds of speakers, bands, vendors and booths that promote cannabis education, advocacy and industry. You can also enjoy smoking or vaping with thousands of other attendees.
- Olympic National Park in Olympic Peninsula: If you are looking for a natural wonderland that offers diverse landscapes and ecosystems, you will love Olympic National Park. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that covers nearly a million acres of land. It features mountains, forests, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, beaches and hot springs. You can also enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking and wildlife watching.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass in Seattle: If you are looking for an artistic masterpiece that showcases the beauty and versatility of glass, you will love Chihuly Garden and Glass. It is a museum that displays the works of Dale Chihuly, a world-renowned glass artist from Washington state. It features indoor galleries, outdoor gardens and a glasshouse that showcase his colorful and intricate sculptures and installations.
- Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle: If you are looking for a museum that celebrates pop culture and its impact on society, you will love Museum of Pop Culture. It is a museum that displays exhibits and collections related to music, movies, TV shows, video games and comics. It features interactive displays, memorabilia, artifacts and costumes from various genres and eras.
- Mount Rainier National Park in Pierce County: If you are looking for a majestic mountain that offers stunning views and challenging trails, you will love Mount Rainier National Park. It is a national park that surrounds Mount Rainier, the highest peak in Washington state and an active volcano. It features glaciers, meadows, forests and streams. You can also enjoy hiking, climbing, skiing and snowshoeing.
I hope this article gives you some ideas on how to enjoy your 420 friendly vacation in Washington state. There are many more places to explore and things to do that I have not mentioned here. You can find more information and references by following the links below. Have a great time!
420 Friendly Camping Spots in Washington State – HWY 420Quench Waterfront Kitchen & BarFountain Cafe11 Best 420 Friendly Hotels in Washington 2023 – WOW Travel420 Friendly Washington Cannabis Vacation Information – USAWeed